Age Friendly Island (a project funded by The National Lottery Community Fund) and Vectis Radio are working in partnership to produce a regular show, ‘Older and Wiser’.
Vectis Radio is the Isle of Wight’s community radio station, ‘for the people, by the people’ and is manned by local volunteers. The Age Friendly Island project aims to create a community that is ‘happy, healthy and connected’. It strives to make the Island a place where older people age well in every way, every day.
The Older and Wiser programme will run the first and third Wednesday of each month at 3pm – 4pm and will inform Islanders about projects and initiatives that are taking place across the Island, together with Age Friendly Island, to enhance the lives of our older residents.
Tune into Vectis Radio on 104.6 FM or www.vectisradio.com to hear Older and Wiser.
You’ll also be able to catch up on shows you have missed on the ‘Community Shows’ page or via this link: http://www.vectisradio.com/vectis-radio/older-wiser/
List of upcoming shows:
- Wednesday 3rd April – Doorstep Crime Scams with Trading Standards
- Wednesday 17th April – The Bobby Scheme with the Blue Lamp Trust
- Wednesday 1st May – Independent Living at Home with Age UKIW Independent Living Services
- Wednesday 15th May – IOW Alzheimer’s Cafés and Dementia Action Week with Maggie Bennett
- Wednesday 5th June – Volunteering and the Good Neighbour Scheme with Age UKIW Good Neighbour Scheme
- Wednesday 19th June – IOW Men in Sheds with Age Friendly Island